We take complaints seriously...
Easy and quick >>
use our Online Complaints Form to submit complaints that meet the CAK approved complaints handling procedure
Akili Kids! TV is operated by Akili Networks Ltd.
At Akili Network, we aim to deliver the best possible service to our viewers and listeners. We also aim to ensure that our programming is compliant with the requirements set out in the Kenya Information and Communications Act, 2009, the Broadcasting Regulations therein and Section 11 of the Programme Code published by the Communications Authority of Kenya.
We look forward to engaging with our viewers through their feedback with regards to our programming services.
How to Lodge a Complaint
Complaints can be lodged through the following modes:
- In person (persons with disability will be assisted to lodge the complaints)
- Online via our online form
- In writing
In order for your complaint to be accepted and considered, it must include
- The name and contact details of the complainant (anonymous complaints will not normally be considered);
- the date and time of broadcast;
- the name of the programme, news item or advertisement/commercial communication that you have viewed/heard and which is the subject of your complaint;
- detail exactly what, in the broadcast, concerned you.
Akili Network acknowledges the right of our viewers to comment and make complaints in writing. This can be done in both English and Kiswahili.
Address your complaint to:
Akili Patners Limited,
P. O. Box 2852 - 00606, Nairobi, Kenya
Investigation of Complaint
Akili Network will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints, except where a complaint is clearly trivial, frivolous, hypothetical, vexatious or not made in good faith. Akili Network will also not respond to abusive or offensive communication.
Once a complaint is received, Akili Network will work to resolve the issue/s as soon as possible. The complaint will be carefully considered, investigated if necessary, and responded to in writing by our Station Manager/ or a senior member of our programming team.
- We will write to you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within seven working days.
- We will consider the issues raised in your complaint. We will watch and listen to the programme/broadcast item identified in your complaint.
- Where appropriate, we will consult with any party to which your complaint relates, for example, the advertiser, the presenter or programme maker, to give that party an opportunity to provide observations and comments in relation to the issues raised by you.
- We will provide a response to your complaint which will, as far as possible, address all of the issues/concerns you have raised.
- We will set out the reasons for our decision on your complaint. This response will be sent to you within 45 days from receipt of your complaint.
Complaints to the Communications Authority of Kenya
You have the option to escalate your complaint to the Communications Authority of Kenya. However, the CAK advises that you should first follow Akili Network’s complaints resolution redress procedure set out herein before escalating the complaint to the Authority if not satisfied with the response by Akili Network.
Copies of the complaints can be addressed to the Authority as follows:
The Director General
Communications Authority of Kenya
P.O. Box 14448-00800
Complainant to Retain Copies Correspondences
Akili Network will keep a record of all correspondence of the complaint and its responses exchanged between it and a complainant. Akili Network has an obligation to avail that correspondence to the Communications Authority of Kenya if so required by the Authority. We urge you to do the same.